Saturday, April 25, 2009

Good Saturday!

Well, today has been a day of procrastination (not a great thing with an exam next week, but eh). I headed out for my scheduled 18 miles this morning (tried for early, made it out the door about 9:15...and the temperature was already in the high 70's). Ended up barely shy of 20 before the run was over. That's right, I ran longer than scheduled. I have a crazy watch tan line, and two new sets of tan lines on my arms and back, thanks to the shirt change in the middle. Even with sunscreen, I'm getting tan already.

After my run, I knew I had to take an ice bath, which is partly why I ran longer than I was scheduled to--I hate those things! Especially now, since Eric is off climbing at Linnville Gorge until tomorrow and can't count down from 10 minutes with me! Well, Snowflake turned into a great helper--she tried splashing around in the tub, drank from the ice bowl, and sat at the edge of the tub the entire time. Have to say, I didn't scream nearly as loudly (or as much) as I normally do--probably because our condo is about 90 degrees right now, and after a very long run, I couldn't get my heart rate down past 75%--which meant I was having trouble keeping my core temp down...so the ice bath helped get me to normal temperature too. I didn't even wear my puffy vest and hold cocoa during this one! Great improvement for my bath tolerance today! And as an aside, I am not turning the a/c on in APRIL!!! Eric is already starting to complain, but I will not start paying hella $$$ to Duke Power until we have to! Plus, it will be back in the 70's by Wednesday! :D

Yesterday, I got sworn in to the North Carolina bar. The Judge was quite nice, and everyone was introduced by their attorney sponsors. Lots of photos during and afterward, that I'll post later. First, I have to get on with studying already. I want to watch Spirit of the Marathon tonight, since I've had the movie for over a week, and haven't made time to watch it yet. But I have to get mega-studying done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment