Monday, January 26, 2009

The Challenges of Picking Up and Moving...

So, along the way, we've encountered some rough spots in the road to moving.  Here are a few from my perspective.  
  • It is really difficult to work full time, study for another state's bar, and go to school.
  • It is also really difficult to write a thesis (for the writer, not the wife anyway!)
  • It's too bad each day doesn't have 30 hours in it.  Sure would make 1) and 2) way easier to do!
  • Signing up for cable/phone/internet is really difficult.  I thought being with Comcast was bad--but they're way more transparent than the providers in North Carolina!
  • Signing up for utilities isn't even easy to figure out, despite having done this at least 8x between us in our lifetimes.
  • I subscribe to way too many magazines.  It's really tedious to change all those addresses (especially when I keep forgetting whether they use my maiden name or my married name!)
  • The last week of work at a job is surprisingly difficult (regarding the workload)--I'm working more this week than any of the preceeding six weeks!  Probably helped that all those weeks either had holidays or vacation days in them...
  • I'm discovering as each day goes by that my Atlanta friends are either better friends than I ever thought they could be, or not good friends at all.  That distinction is helpful when moving away.  
  • We're (sadly) discovering lots of new, fun places/events that we'd never experienced before--including All Fired Up!, a paint-your-own pottery studio which is great!  Why we didn't get out to see them before the last week of living in Atlanta is your guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment