Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting Settled...

First, happy year-and-a-half wedding anniversary to us!  It's been an incredibly fun year and a half, and neither of us would trade being married for anything!  

So, it's been six full days since our stuff and I got to North Carolina.  Eric was here until Monday, and then had to leave to go back to Atlanta and prepare for his defense.  While he was here, he really helped me get the major construction-type projects done.  But because he was doing those (important projects), it left all the unpacking to be done...after he left...by moi!  Needless to say, I haven't made as much progress as I'd hoped to have made by now.  

Why?  Ah, because I'm hopelessly behind in both studying for the bar and studying for my class.  I've only done about 300 MBE practice questions, and have only outlined three subjects.  There are 22 subjects on the bar, yikes!  Tomorrow I should get another three out of the way, and hopefully maintain that pace until the end of next week, when everything will at least be outlined, so I can start on my practice essays.  I'm about two chapters behind in my class studies (doesn't say much, since we've only covered 4 so far...) but I'm working on that tonight.  

As far as the condo goes...I've gotten most of the bedroom unpacked and put away (Target needs to get more over-the-door shoe racks in already!), the bathrooms are done, and that's about all that's finished.  The kitchen has pots and bakeware covering every square inch of (granite) counter space, and the living room has piles of books stacked everywhere, waiting to be put on the bookshelf.  I don't know what it is that makes me so non-committal with deciding where our things are going.  It's not a life or death decision, it's just temporary...but I think it would be much easier to decide these things if Eric were here for some input :)  

Oh, last but definitely not least:  I finally got out for my first NC run today.  It was 24 degrees and windier than I've ever felt in my life!  I wore tights, wind pants, 2 pairs of socks (one was double-layered), two base layers, a third shirt, and a windbreaker with my hat and gloves.  Barely kept me warm.  I think I need to look into bun warmers and thicker tights to stop the wind that my Canadian friends seem to have.  And a face mask/hat combo!  At least tomorrow it will start warming up (oh, I mean today...midnight already!)--50 Friday, 64 Saturday, and 68 Sunday.  CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WARMTH that is supposed to come with the sun!  I only went about two miles, but it felt great to get back out.  I suppose next on my list will be to a) figure out the RTP trail/path system that I've heard of, and b) work on my training plan for Boogie in June.  And maybe put a half plan together for myself...we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment