Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tennis, anyone?

So today, I played tennis. Lan, Matt, and their neighbor Anil (am I spelling that right?) and I went to play at the GSK courts, which was a lot of fun. It was about 73 and sunny, so perfect weather for running around outside! And although we lost to Matt & Lan 6-3, 6-2, I think I had a pretty good effort on the day. Apparently tennis is not something I'm a natural at...thanks to lack of hand/eye coordination in sports. But I think with practice, I'll be better at it.

Otherwise, things are status quo here. Eric will be here next weekend for my birthday weekend of fun. I wrote out my training schedule for the Boogie Marathon on June 13, and will start it in earnest tomorrow. This week's plan was just to be consistent. I tweaked long run days so that most of them are actually during the week--I'll run them at Umstead or another not-my-neighborhood place to get some variety; and once I start work, I'll move them to either the evenings or weekends. This week's plan is:
Monday-6 miles
Tuesday-4 miles
Wednesday-5 miles
Thursday-12 miles
Friday-6 miles
Saturday/Sunday: Off
For a total of 33 miles. About an 8 mile jump from what I've been doing the past few weeks, but should be ok since I'm staying there for another three weeks.

Friday was a great day--I spent most of it at Archiver's working on the wedding album. I finished all but one layout of our portraits, and I should be able to finish that layout during the week this week. Yesterday, I ran, then went for dinner at Steph & Brandon's. Steph made pizza, which was awesome--one was eggplant with garlic & cilantro, the other was southwestern--corn, black beans, bbq sauce, and smoked mozzerella. It reminded me again that we need to get a baking stone. They're super useful, and man, they make great pizza!

Tomorrow after my run, I have the world's most exciting day planned. First, oil change and car inspection, then have to take driver's license written test and get my new license, then have to get new tags, since mine expire on Tuesday. Every year I get to thank Georgia for giving me the best birthday gift--a huge bill from the DMV. At least this year I don't have to pay Georgia...just North Carolina. Oy. The day will end with some studying and class. Wow, I lead an exciting life!

Next weekend should be fun. I think part of the weekend will involve playing frisbee of some sort. Apparently there is a story involving Eric and Matt and frisbee golf, but I'm not privy to it yet. Off to watch a movie now, then bed! Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment