Thursday, April 23, 2009

April Updates!

When I first set out to write this, I couldn't think of anything exciting that had happened. Then I realized that a TON has happened in the last three weeks!
--I passed the bar and got licensed to practice law in North Carolina the first full week of April.
--Eric moved to Raleigh! This is exciting! He got here on April 21, with a car filled with stuff that he had been hoarding at Michael's all this time.
--We hosted our first seder for Passover. It was lots of fun--our friends came over to eat with us. We served gefilte fish (from scratch), matzo ball soup, brisket, roasted asparagus, lemon cheesecake, apple-matzo kugel, chocolate-covered macaroons, and apricot squares. Big thanks to Rosanne for sending the macaroons, and a Huge thanks to Grammy for sending the haggadahs (haggadot?).
--We went to a black-tie dinner at Georgia Tech where Eric got to speak about his experience as a URS mentor. It was great to get dressed up and eat really good food! I even ate beets, and they were delicious!
--I'm still looking for a job, and am considering opening my own firm if nothing comes through by June.
--Eric met with his new advisor today, and has some reading to catch up on before he officially starts on May 4.
--My next final (capital transactions) is next week. :(

That's it! The rest of this week will be pretty busy--

Friday: Lunch with Lan, Matt & Ryan (in town for the week), then getting sworn in to the NC bar at the Durham County Courthouse. Studying the rest of the day, also planning to run 6 miles and shred.

Saturday: Eric leaving for his climbing trip to Linnville Gorge (with Michael). I'm heading to the trails for 18 miles in 90-degree heat. Also trying out new energy concoction--straight honey. Found a bottle small enough (I hope) to carry with me. Otherwise, studying, and making it a double-run day if I have any energy left at all after the first 18. The plan is for this to be my first really good trial before my race which is 7 weeks from now (see prior post about the hazards of the course!).

Sunday: 4-6 mile easy recovery run, or a bike ride early if I can drag myself out of bed! If I bike, I'll head out for 45 minutes around our neighborhood. Thankfully, only a little traffic on the weekends since we live in the middle of a lot of commercial zoning! The hills probably won't be a welcome addition to my I'm-sure-they'll-be-sore legs, but what do people call it? Character building? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment