Saturday, February 21, 2009

Busy morning

So today I decided to test-drive to the new places I have to go this week for bar-related activities.  First stop was a law firm in downtown Raleigh for my bar interview on Monday at 10.  Took about 30 minutes to get there.  If you blink, you totally miss downtown here!  I think there are three skyscrapers.  Very odd, coming from Atlanta, San Diego, Chicago...  It was also odd that 40 going into downtown (that's Interstate 40, btw) only has two lanes most of the way.  What is that?!  Crazy, I think.  Even Louisville (other small city I can think of) has three all the way through, if not 4 in places.  I'm getting worried that I should leave at 8 for my 10am interview Monday!  With 2 lanes, traffic has to back up all the way to Greensboro, right?  

From there, I drove over to the North Carolina State Fairgrounds.  This is where the bar will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Today they were having a flea market and a cat show.  I didn't go in, just drove past the entrance for parking this week and turned around.  Looks to be about 20 minutes (without traffic) from our house.  

Finally, I drove to my favorite place so far in Raleigh, and someplace I had been dying to go since my last visit 4 weeks ago...Archivers! :) :) :)  This was their make & take weekend, so I made two cute cards, and got some cut studded stickers to match our honeymoon papers (for free), plus some cardstock in a nice almost-neon green (free).  Then, shopping the sales I got 5 yards of velvet scalloped ribbon in bright yellow (also for honeymoon pages) for half off, and I found some cute cardstock title cards for 25 cents each.  Good finds today!  I signed up for my first Scrap Mania here, on March 13.  Table 4, which is otherwise empty right now.  It seems that their Saturday nights fill up far in advance, but their Fridays seem pretty tame.  After Eric gets here for good, I won't be able to do Fridays anymore since we'll be synagogue shopping, but it will be nice to have a whole day and night at the store, it will be my first in about seven weeks.  Much needed by that point!

On my way home, I stopped at PetSmart to buy some necessities for the cats.  Today they got cat wipes, which are like baby wipes, but fragrance-free and hypo-allergenic.  This was to wipe off the little spots on their necks where I put their flea treatment (that they keep licking, which is the cause of all the vomit over the last two days).  I also got them some new flea treatment, which is all-natural and purportedly "gentle." Hah, I'll believe it when they stop throwing up after they get the treatments!  I also picked up some sparkle balls and catnip poufs for Tiger, along with a little tin of Pit'r Pat, in fish flavor.  Apparently, these little fish-shaped things are supposed to freshen a cat's breath.  They resemble cat altoids, really.  Except they smell like fish, bleh.  So far, Tiger loves them, and Snowflake tried to eat hers and gave up.  Then Tiger took it upon himself to eat 1/2 the little container of them.  Chowed down like it was dinnertime!  I guess he does like them.  He also tolerated the mom-bath better than Snowflake.  
Back to studying...got a lot to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment