Monday, February 16, 2009

Studying is a painful occupation!

So, I've painfully figured out that typing does not compute in a cat's small-but-very-cute brain.  To cats, typing is a game we play with them where we move our fingers back and forth really quickly and they're supposed to see if they're quick enough to catch up.  What do cats do when they catch something?  They try to eat it, of course.  Well...kill it first, and then eat it.  My fingers have been caught many times today and yesterday, thanks to Tiger...and they were successfully killed, I think.  

Studying otherwise is going slowly.  I'm extremely worried that I'm going to fail the bar and turn around and fail my corporate tax exam.  Although I'm less worried about tax...my brain seems to remember it better than the 22 other subjects on the bar.  And I'm crossing my fingers that this will be the first year since the 1970's that North Carolina tests on a tax question!!! It's been so long since they tested it (although it's still listed as a tested subject) that the outlines don't even cover the topic anymore.  

So my short list for "hoped-for essays" is:
1.  Tax
2.  Family law
3.  Wills
4. Professional Responsibility
5.  Civil Procedure

That's it.  Too bad there are 12 essays.  In that case, I add the following:
6.  Secured Transactions
7.  Commercial Paper
8.  Real Property
9.  Sales/UCC Article 2
10.  Mortgages
11. Corporations
12.  Agency & Partnership

And I hope all the questions of 6-12 are ridiculously hard.  That way I'll get points for making something up! :)  

Otherwise, I can't wait for Eric to move here already!  The cats and I are both ready to see him all the time again.  He had a hard day today, so hopefully he's back at Michael's relaxing with some good dinner by now.  Sucks that a hard day has to come AFTER his defense is over.   Ah, things will improve once he lives here, of that I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment