Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One Week from Today

The Bar will be OVER for now!!! Just thinking about it makes me SO HAPPY.  I've about had it with studying, even though I don't know even close to what I need to yet.  But as Eric says, I will get through it and move on.  For now, I have to do the best I can until it's over.  

Have to say, my tax final seems like chump change in comparison to this 22-subject monstrosity.  What's a little §§ 351, 357, 361 compared to con, crim, crim pro, evidence, property, nc property, sales, torts, agency, partnership, civ pro, commercial paper, corps, equity, family, mortgages, suretyships, liens, professional responsibility, secured transactions, trusts and wills?  Seriously, and the MPRE seems like a little waft of a fairy tail nonsense thrown in for good measure.  Sure, take a 2.5 hour exam on ethics and co-mingling client funds after taking two bars, 3 master's level finals, and oh, the same test three years ago? Sure, why not.  For good measure, right?

Also, the 2009 homebuyer tax credit was signed into law today by our new great President.  $8000 tax credit for first-time homebuyers who close before December 1, 2009.  No pay-back over 15 years, just credit on the 2009 return with possibility of a huge refund as a result.  Buying a house just jumped to second place on our life-event to-do list this year.  The only thing on top of it is...get a job.  Funny how those go together.  I told Eric I was going to look for a job VERY HARD as soon as bar/final/mpre are over so we can buy a house.  So that I will.  Look VERY HARD for a job.  Just have to get through the next 7 sleeps first.  

Now, back to studying.   A night full of sales, suretyships & liens is fun for everyone!  Although for some reason, the cats are avoiding the subjects...

No comments:

Post a Comment