Thursday, February 26, 2009

Eric comes to Durham tomorrow!

Yay, only one more day until Eric comes to Durham! Not for good, but hopefully that won't be too far off. :) That will make me a happy wife.

In other news:
1--The bar is over, yay. I'm very worried about how I did, especially after the afternoon MBE section yesterday. But it's in someone else's hands now. I did the best I could under the circumstances (working 50-60 hour weeks until Jan. 31, then packing up our house and moving to a new state and getting settled...all without my husband being around for most of it). If I didn't pass, I'll have a much better plan going into July's exam.

2--My final for corporate tax is next week. I need to get going with studying, but am taking a bit of a break from studying until later this evening. I've spent the morning getting caught up on e-mails, reading blogs, straightening up the house, doing laundry, making a shopping list (Target, grocery & Barnes & Noble on the agenda in a few minutes), and generally hanging out. Feels good to have put my bar/bri and PMBR books in the guest closet, where they will stay at least until the first week of May.

3--My big fall marathon decision has been made! Marine Corps Marathon is a race I have wanted to run since my first year running Chicago, but I've always decided to run Chicago instead (they're always two weekends apart). This year, there are a couple of things working in MCM's favor.
A) Driving distance! Arlington is only about 5 hours from us, instead of a 2.5 hour plane ride and a lot of train time into the city and back.
B) Team LUNGevity has a team for this race now!!! I am SO excited to be able to fundraise for the LUNGevity foundation again this year. They are really the major charity that Eric and I support, as their sole purpose is funding lung cancer research, and the money they raise is matched, dollar-for-dollar, by other foundations, so that for each dollar we give or raise for them, they fund at least $2 in research grants at major universities and cancer centers across the country.
C) At least one of my online running friends is coming from Canada for the race! As many of you know, I'm an active member of Running Mania, an online running community...that's based in Canada. So I have lots of virtual running friends, but have only met about five (Tori, Rob, Andy, David & Kimberly...am I missing anyone?) in real life. So, Andy is coming to MCM, and I'm expecting that a few others will, since there always seems to be a good maniac representation at major races, both in the US and Canada every year. It will be great to catch up with him and the others that come down!
D) Finally, as all of you know, my little brother is a Marine. I'm so proud of him for serving our country both in Iraq and other stations around the world. He's been on inactive duty for a few years, and I think it's time we all say thanks to other Marines (those whom we know and those who will be in Arlington for the race) for their service. This race is a great opportunity to do that--tons of military personnel and their families come out for this race every year, and the course is lined with Marines.

That's it for now! Next week after my final is over, I'm going to start looking for employment, even though the bar results don't come back for quite some time. I hope I'll at least be able to get a feel for what the market here is like.

UGH the cats need to stop throwing up. Snowflake is at it again now. We've decided to change their food to this starting next week to see if it helps with the whole barf thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment